- Two bedroomed semi-detached cottage with attached single storey annexe
- In a rural location with views across a large south facing garden to the Monmouthshire hillside beyond
- Dual aspect living room with mezzanine over
- Open plan kitchen/diner/family room | Sun / utility room
- First floor bathroom & ground floor cloakroom
- Annexe with double bedroom, living room, kitchenette and a bathroom
- Detached double garage with workshop, plus driveway with extensive off road parking facilities
Originally believed to be a former blacksmith’s lodge, this generously proportioned two bedroom semi-detached period property with an attached one bedroom single storey annexe, is believed to date from the mid 19th century and displays a number of features such as exposed stone walling and ceiling beams. Occupied by the current owner for over 40 years, the cottage occupies a rural position in a small village setting and enjoys far reaching views over its large south facing garden to the Monmouthshire hillside beyond. This family size home is entered via a central rear hallway which provides access to the main house and to the annexe. From this hallway, a door opens into a large dual aspect reception room with a vaulted ceiling and a mezzanine level over offering a perfect study/reading space. A latched door takes you into a homely dual aspect open plan kitchen/diner/family room which has space for an eating area as well as a comfortable seating place. From this room, a door opens into a rear hallway with doors to a ground floor cloakroom and a useful utility/sun room providing access to the garden. The two first floor bedrooms are served by a family bathroom suite. For those seeking ground floor living and bedroom accommodation on one floor, the attached annexe offers a double bedroom, living room, kitchenette and bathroom and therefore offers the opportunity for multi- generational living or homeworking. The gardens of this property are great for gardening enthusiasts and particularly buyers wanting to grow vegetables and fruit, given the southerly sunshine aspect of the ground. There is also extensive parking for off road vehicles as well as a substantial detached garage and workshop to the rear. AGENT NOTE | We are required under the terms of the Consumer Protection Regulations to advise potential buyers that there is an ongoing dispute with the neighbour of this property.